Straight Tuck vs. Reverse Tuck Custom Boxes Packaging Solution (Complete Guide)| March 10, 2020
What is a custom box?
A custom box is the kind of box that is manufactured as per the needs and requirements of the clients. As clients are well aware of their products, their competitors, the market value as well as the kind and preferences of the buyers who use their product, etc.
The custom box is the kind of packing solution that is offered in the shape of a customized box that fulfills the requirements and needs of the consumers. In the present blog, we will discuss certain points that are quite important in the field of customized packing solutions. In this blog, you will get to know regarding the following questions:
- What is a tuck box?
- What is a straight tuck custom box?
- What is a reverse tuck custom box?
- What are the advantages of a straight tuck custom box?
- What are the advantages of a reverse tuck custom box?
- The right choice for the custom boxes packing solutions; straight tuck or the reverse tuck?
Let’s start with the basic information.
What is a tuck box?
A tuck box is the kind of box that has flaps on its bottoms for easy removal as well as the opening of the product packed inside them. The small tuck boxes are also used as per requirement in some cases as well. There are usually two kinds of tuck boxes:
What is a straight tuck custom box?
Straight tuck custom boxes are the kind of boxes that are equipped with two flaps on the bottom as well as the upper side of the box. Straight tuck custom boxes have the advantage that both the upper as well as lower flaps open in the same direction.
They are quite a good option for the electronic industry specifically for handled devices. They are also good for the products that need a direct as well as through demonstration of the products in front of the customers. It is the kind of packing that is best suited for the manual assemblage of the products i.e. the kind of products that need manual assembling.
What is a reverse tuck custom box?
As its name suggests, it is opposite to the straight tuck boxes. There is just a main difference among the straight tuck and reverse tuck boxes and that is between the opening directions of the flaps. In the reverse tuck custom boxes, the flaps are attached to both ends of the custom box providing a thorough as well as resilient protection to the custom box. The flaps in this kind of box open in opposite directions to each other. Both flaps can be opened simultaneously and result in quick as well as easy packing of the products.
Features of reverse tuck custom box as well as straight tuck custom boxes:
Either the flaps open in the same direction or opposite, their features and functions remain the same. The difference lies in the industries and for the purpose, they are used for. In the proceeding lines, the similar features of both kinds of tuck boxes are mentioned.
- They give protection to the product packed inside them.
- The customized flaps are made up of Kraft papers, cardboard or any other material that provides the strength as well as support to the box and the product packed inside the box.
- They help in the quick assemblage as well as the packing of the products.
- It is easy to open the flaps upon the customer’s requirements to have a look at the product.
- The flaps also contain the brand logos that offer a good look as well as opening experience.
- They provide the printers with an opportunity for the high-end printing along with the printed slogans, top-notch graphics as well as with the variety of other printing options that gives an appealing look to the customized tuck box.
What are the advantages of a straight tuck custom box?
The straight tuck custom box has the following advantages.
- They overcome the disadvantages of the reverse tuck custom boxes. These boxes are a lavish kind of packaging as compared to the reverse tuck custom box.
- They do not have white edges visible at the end of the flapping.
- They offer no hindrance between the front showcase of the box and the flapping. As both the flaps open in the same direction, the customers do not have any impedance in getting a detailed view of the product both inside as well as outside of the customized tuck boxes.
- They offer easy assemblage.
- They offer compact storage as well i.e. they can be stored in any of the flat surfaces.
- It is an easier solution for packing as well as unpacking the products.
- It is suitable for all the light-weighted products.
What are the disadvantages of the straight tuck custom box?
The disadvantages of the straight end custom boxes include the following:
- It is not a suitable option for heavy products.
- It is expensive.
- It takes more manufacturing time while consuming more sheets of manufacturing material.
What are the advantages of a reverse tuck custom box?
The advantages are mentioned in the proceeding lines:
- It is a good option for retail as well as wholesale business.
- It is a less expensive option.
- It is cost-effective as the manufacturers can make many boxes along with flapping through a single sheet of material.
- It offers a good opportunity for brand awareness, marketing as well as for boosting sales.
- It offers easy assemblage as well as works for the light-weighted products.
- It offers compact storage as well as easy packing and opening solution.
What are the disadvantages of the reverse tuck custom box?
The disadvantages of the reverse tuck custom boxes include the following:
- It is aesthetically unappealing as it does not possess the refined edges and shape.
- It is not good for heavy products.
The right choice for the custom boxes packging solutions; straight tuck or the reverse tuck?
The straight end tuck boxes are usually a good option for cosmetics; beauty as well as health industries where the light-weighted products are usually presented in front of the consumers in the straight tuck packing. The reverse tuck packing offers its packing to the electronics, beauty, health, cosmetics as well as pharmaceutical industries.